Partial and complete dentures are convenient and cost-effective ways to replace missing teeth. However, partial and full dentures require proper care and maintenance to last as long as possible. Keeping them clean is essential by brushing them regularly and soaking them in a denture cleaner or mild soap solution.
Following our dentist’s dental aftercare instructions will ensure you have functional and comfortable dentures you will love to wear.
How To Take Care Of Dentures?
Our dentist will provide denture care instructions for patients after they receive their full-mouth or partial dentures. You must follow their instructions on stained dentures to extend the lifespan of your dentures and make your experience as comfortable as possible.
Here are some tips on how to care for dentures:
- One of the most critical immediate denture aftercare tips is to keep them clean to remove food particles, stains, and bacteria.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to remove any loose food particles stuck to them.
- Soaking your dentures overnight is also essential to prevent them from drying or warping.
- Maintain good oral hygiene and avoid foods that can damage your dentures.
- Avoid hot water and bleach, as they can damage your dentures.
- Proper care lets you keep your dentures looking clean and bright and maintain a healthy and attractive smile.
Please schedule an appointment at Asure Dental if you have any questions about taking care of partial dentures.